I’m a software developer, who loves back-end and data visualization on front-end. Interested in software architecture, own SaaS projects, and data charting. Passionate about JVM internals. Disappointed with the quality of software written these days, hates long methods and overcomplicated code. Occasionally I take photos, and write posts about something what I think is unique and useful. I like to play in Sketch and create UI designs even though I’m color blind. 😎
Translation management platform, where you can keep your i18n content. Offers CLI for finding i18n terms from your project files, cloud editor and CDN for hosting translation data. Java 11+ & GraalVM
Gathering cools places around the world, sorting by distance (Apache Lucene), handpicked, no adverts, no restaurants, no hotels, no sponsored content.
Telemetry system for snack and coffee machines. Byte-level craftsman in Java 11+
iOS transportation application for my hometown. I made it for my sister’s request because the buses are often late, and she didn’t know how long she needs to wait.
The game for Android, where you answer to true/false questions. Supports multiplayer up to 4 players via Google Play Services. Currently, game has +5 000 000 downloads.
Library for Spring Boot web projects. Fills the thin gap between the framework and common web application features like e-mail sending, S3 uploading, request logging, rate limiter etc.
Command Line Interface created for my SaaS which is SimpleLocalize.io. It’s great because it uses GraalVM to build native executables and in the same time it allows me to write code in Java 11.
Project created to test Java 11+ API, I do not recommend using it because it’s not allowed to use that kind of software on Instagram but the implementation is cool.
My everyday tools
- IntelliJ Ultimate - favourite IDE
- Sketch - vector graphics editor
- Cyberduck - file manager for remote services
- Alfred - improves productivity
- 1Password - it’s better than keeping your credentials in Note.app
- Magnet (cool website!) - must have for 4k display owners
- Macbook Pro 13 TB + Dell U3415W - workstation
Cool services from my bookmarks
- MyMavenRepo - private Maven repository
- Sentry.io - app monitoring
- CodePipeline - CI/CD, easy to maintain, better than Jenkins for small projects
- CodeClimate - measuring maintainability and code quality
- DockerHub - keeping Docker images
Know better alternatives? Let me know, @jakub_pomykala